Reviews and Interviews
"Jason Sanford cuts his (stories) from steel glass & fire." — Suzanne Palmer
Interviews with Jason
- "Jason Sanford and the Appeal of Sci-Fi Strange" by Carl Slaughter, File 770.
- "Interview with the American writer Jason Sanford" by Cristian Tamaș, Europa SF.
- "SciFi Strange, an interview with SciFi Strange author Jason Sanford" by Krissie McMakin on Apex Publications website (Note: Interview no longer available online).
- "Confronting the Unfamiliar," intervew by Andy Hedgecock in Interzone 231.
- Nebula Award 2010 Interview with Jason Sanford, SFWA's Nebula Award website. (Note: interview no longer available online.)
- Interview on Functional Nerds podcast, hosted by Patrick Hester and John Anealio.
- Transcript of SFF Writer Chat interview on Twitter, hosted by Bryan Thomas Schmidt.
- Interview on the Skiffy and Fanty Show where Jason is named the "Lord of SciFi Strange."
- Interview on StarShipSofa.
- An interview with Jason Sanford by John Coyne in the November 2007 issue of Peace Corps Writers.
- Short Interview by Emma Larkins, Emerging Emma blog, August 29, 2008.
- "Personal Views: Jason Sanford" by Mary Cox in 2005 Novel and Short Story Writers Market. (Note: This was a six-page feature interview on online publishing and literature.)
General Reviews about Jason's Stories
- "Sanford (and some other writers) are producing SF that truly has a different feel than much that has gone before." — Rich Horton, Locus, February 2011
- "Few SF/fantasy writers generate a buzz through short fiction alone, but Jason Sanford is an exception. Over the past few years, he's created a growing fan base through his brand of modern speculative fiction, something he called 'SF Strange.'" — Jeff VanderMeer on Amazon's Omnivoracious blog
- "Interzone is really spoiling me when it publishes Jason Sanford so regularly. As far as I'm concerned, they couldn't publish too much of this author if they named it Jason Sanford's Science Fiction Magazine." — Sam Tomaino, SFRevu
- "If there is such a thing as new weird SF, this is it." — David Hartwell and Kathryn Cramer, Year's Best SF 14
- "A writer whose reputation grows with each story." — author Colin Harvey
- "Sanford expertly blends world building and storytelling. In fact, he makes it look easy." — John DeNardo, SF Signal