Never Never Stories by Jason Sanford
Note: The small press publisher of the print edition of Never Never Stories went out of business. The ebook edition, however, is still available (see below for details).
Spaceships passing through the sky like endless clouds. A woman whose skin reveals the names of sailors fated to die at sea. A virus which causes people who touch each other to turn into crystalline trees. These are only a few of the stories in Jason Sanford's first short story collection, Never Never Stories.
Ranging from science fiction to fantasy, the contained in Never Never Stories have won the Interzone Readers’ Poll, been nominated for the BSFA Award, longlisted for the British Fantasy Award, and printed in numerous magazines and book anthologies including Year's Best SF.
Stories included in this collection:
- The Ships Like Clouds, Risen by Their Rain
- When Thorns Are The Tips Of Trees
- Where Away You Fall (not available in print edition)
- Here We Are, Falling Through Shadows
- Freelanga (not available in print edition)
- Peacemaker, Peacemaker, Little Bo Peep
- Millisent Ka Plays in Realtime
- Into the Depths of Illuminated Seas
- A Twenty-First Century Fairy Love Story
- Maps of the Bible (not available in print edition)
- The Dragon of Tin Pan Alley (not available in print edition)
- The Never Never Wizard of Apalachicola
"Sanford (and some other writers) are producing SF that truly has a different feel than much that has gone before." — Rich Horton, Locus, February 2011
"If you're new to (Sanford's stories) then this is a very highly recommended collection indeed."
Jim Steel, Interzone 236, Sept./Oct. 2011
In the iBooks Store: