The public vote for the storySouth Million Writers Award is now open. All writers and readers are welcome to take part in the vote, which will last until 11:59 pm Eastern time on May 31, 2010.
- To take part, simply email me at email@example.com for the password and voting link.
- To see the continually updated vote tally, please go here.
Please note this isn't my regular email. After you email, you will receive a Yahoo Auto Response with the link and password. If you have any problems with the system, please contact me.
I apologize in advance for any hassles, but writers and readers get really worked up about literary awards and I believe this system will prevent any attempts at ballot stuffing. And before anyone asks whether I'll be able to identify individual voter choices, no, I will not. Your vote will be between yourself and your favorite literary god(s).
As a reminder, here are this year's top ten stories, from which the top stories will be voted on:
- "Secondhand Objects" by Renee Simms (from 42opus)
- "I Am My Rooster" by Taylur Thu Hien Ngo (from Blackbird)
- "The Library" by Jolie Braun (from BluePrintReview)
- "Non-Zero Probabilities" by N. K. Jemisin (from Clarkesworld Magazine)
- "A Song to Greet the Sun" by Alaya Dawn Johnson (from Fantasy Magazine)
- "The Moose Head Haus" by Tom Burkett (from Storyglossia)
- "Ditch" by Eric Beetner (PDF download, from Thuglit)
- "Eros, Philia, Agape" by Rachel Swirsky (from Tor.com)
- "This Program Contains Actual Surgical Procedures" by Roxane Gay (from Twelve Stories)
- "Hospitality" by Summer Block (from Wheelhouse Magazine)
Thanks to our generous donors,
this year the prizes break down as follows: