A quick note that I'm eligible for nomination for the Hugo Award for Best Fan Writer. I write a monthly column for the Czech SF magazine XB-1, with English versions of those columns later published on my website. I also write original essays and commentary on my site and on other platforms such as Twitter. Some of these receive a good bit of attention, with my essays about Lovecraft and racism by themselves having more than 100,000 unique reads last year.
The following are a sample of my genre-related essays published in 2017. Thanks for considering me for a nomination.
- The submissions men don't see
- All I really need to know I learned from science fiction and fantasy stories
- Oh writing advice which I loathe, let me count the ways I've ignored you
- Measuring the slow Hugo Award death of the rabid puppies
- Autonomous by Annalee Newitz is SF punk for a new generation
- The golden age of SF/F television
- Why the red pill doesn’t wake people to our world’s true reality
- An alternate history of alternative histories
- Five trends in the science fiction genre
- Laura Miller, or what happens when a literary critic loathes genre fiction but knows that's where the best stories are?
- The Ending of Rigid Time
- "New Years Authors" thread on Twitter